Endocrinology is the diagnosing and treating of hormone imbalances within endocrine glands. Problems with hormones contribute to diseases such as diabetes.
Consultants are specialists in endocrinology, diabetes and general medicine.
The most common diagnoses investigated and treated include:
- Thyroid swellings (goitre)
- Thyroid gland overactivity (‘hyperthyroidism’, or ‘thyrotoxicosis’)
- Thyroid gland underactivity (‘hypothyroidism’)
- Parathyroid gland overactivity (‘hyperparathyroidism’)
- Pituitary gland disorders e.g. prolactinoma, hypopituitarism
- Adrenal gland failure (Addison’s disease)
- Low blood glucose (‘hypoglycaemia’)
- Testosterone or oestrogen deficiency (‘hypogonadism’)
- Hormone disorders causing high blood pressure
- Disorders of water balance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
Candover’s team of consultants and practitioners include:
For more information about the consultant and the consultation fees they charge self-funding patients, please click on the consultant name.